[Gllug] Linux on an Ipaq

Richard Cohen richard at vmlinuz.org
Thu Oct 18 14:46:27 UTC 2001

On Thu, 18 Oct 2001, Bush, Jonathan wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I was wondering if any one has installed Linux on an Compaq Ipaq. Also if
> there is more that one version with is the best for the Ipaq.

Yes, at least a couple of us on this list have - mine is now nearly a year
old...

I'm not sure what your second question means...  The best iPAQ is currently
the 3670, although the newer 3700 and 3800 models are likely to be better
once the software support is there for them - and it's coming.  The best
Linux distro is Familiar, possibly with QPE or Intimate on top of it.

> Thanks
>
> Jonathan

Cheers
Richard