[Gllug] BT Ignition

Lee Blackwell lee_blackwell at eur.3com.com
Fri Sep 21 15:48:36 UTC 2001

> Anyone on here use ISDN and the BT Ignition ISDN Terminal Adaptor?
I've got ISDN2e, and a 3com OfficeConnect (figures huh?)

> I've been trying to get this pile of junk to connect to BT Internet
> but so far it either comes up with no carrier or manages to dial but
> can't seem to negotiate ppp.
Can you get a dial tone with a phone handset? (you'll need some sort of
adapter if it's not provided by BT).  I plug a phone into my OC and use
that.

If I get no dial tone thru the OC, then the ISDN is down and I log a fault
with BT.  They usually say it's my OC, until I tell them I work for the
company that makes the unit, and they usually shut up, and offer to issue
a line reset to the exchange.  I got fed up after raising 7 or 8 calls in
a month, so I insisted on an engineers visit.  Box on wall was replaced as
old was showing *lots* of layer errors.

No problems yet (touch wood...)

> believe it's the initialisation string, but BT ISDN support were no
> help and tried to off load the blame somewhere else.
As usual.

> My solution is to chuck it in the bin and use a Hisax ISDN card which
> I know works fine.
I'd go for that if I were you.

Lee

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk