[Gllug] I love groups.google.com :)

Stig Brautaset stigbrau at online.no
Sun Sep 23 03:10:12 UTC 2001

Just felt a need to say it :)

I've had some trouble with my dialup, spesifically  I have had trouble
actually making the connection. Well, after a little trial and error, it
emerges that freeserve use CHAP, not PAP... ;)

Also, I had problems with running a local caching dns because this would
rememnber the ip of the gateway I had and try to specify that the peer
should use this the next time it logged in. Understandably, the peer
didn't agree to this and kicked me off. Again, after a little time spent
searching on google, I found a solution. Uncomment "ipcp-accept-remote"
in /etc/ppp/options and everything is fine :D

Stig -- who should really get to bed soon...

--
brautaset.org
Registered Linux User 107343

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk