[Gllug] Linux migration CD from M$

Xander D Harkness xander at harkness.co.uk
Mon Sep 3 13:52:05 UTC 2001

I am sure most have heard from Linuxtoday that in the latest M$
subscription package M$ have included a couple of CDs giving reasons why
it is a bad idea to migrate to Linux.

I tried a copy on a windows 2000 server running on  a Compaq Deskpro.

It started by asking to install word97 viewer (LOTS of disk thrashing
even with 256Mb RAM, no other tasks possible)

Then asked to have Powerpoint 97 viewer (similar story)

Then crash, yep it killed the desktop, with a crash of iexplore.exe and
the a crash of explorer.exe.

My view is that they have a little way to go. ;-)

Cheers
Xander

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk