[Gllug] "We Linux users have been doing all that for 10 years."

Gordon Joly gordon.joly at pobox.com
Thu Sep 27 12:40:57 UTC 2001

At 12:55 +0100 2001-09-27, John Hearns wrote:
>Has anyone else seen Steve Hibbert's letter in the Guardian today?
>
>http://www.guardian.co.uk/online/story/0,3605,558548,00.html
>
>Nae holdin back there then...

<quot>
As if that weren't amazing enough, the new operating system allows users to
"leave programs running while switching quickly between different
identities".

We Linux users have been doing all that for 10 years.
</quot>

Err ten years. Since 1991 eh?

WTF was I doing with TOPS-10 in 1980 and VMS in 1979 - scratching my arse?

Gordo

P.S. Any Version 6 UN*X users out there?

--

Gordon Joly//////////
gordon.joly at pobox.com
http://pobox.com/~or/