[Gllug] nimda

will will at hellacool.co.uk
Wed Sep 19 11:23:30 UTC 2001

2632 unique hosts scanned for some variant of cmd.exe on one of our servers
alone in the last half an hour.  This worm doesn't infect UNIX boxes but it
certainly *affects* them.

Sometimes I really do wish someone would write a worm that would take out
the server completely (ie, wipe it). Mean?  possibly but then I think
putting an unpatched windows server on the internet so worms/s-kiddies can
use it to piss off all the other internet users is pretty mean and selfish
too.  There are entries appearing in logs caused by code red!

Will.

--
This email was created by evil gnomes who hate you. Get over it.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk