[Gllug] PSU fans

George F. Saxby george at gogointernet.co.uk
Fri Sep 7 13:56:47 UTC 2001

Guys,
 I do not know where you buy your fans I pay about £5.60, a whole power
supply depending on wattage is  £15 - £30.
 As to soldering in a power supply fan leads seems you guys worked on 286' s
last . They are two pin plug & socket jobs at least for the last 7 years I
have gotten round to replacing fans rather than buy a PSu.
 	As to large voltages etc just disconnect from wall & the rest of the case
to remove the unit lid. UNdoe the plug to the fan lead using long nose
insulated pliars, undo 4 fan screws remove fan. Reverse the disassembly order
to install new fan. same for PSU. Job done 12 mins tops from dead puter to a
working puter.

On Friday 07 September 2001 11:39, your missive said : -
 > I thought that the killer was current not voltage or power?
 >
 > Matt

cu
george
East of London Airport the world's busiest Airport
West of the World Famous Kew botanical Gardens & Steam Museum

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk