[Gllug] IDE cables

Kim Hawtin kim at aldigital.co.uk
Fri Sep 14 10:23:13 UTC 2001

> where can you get good IDE cables?
>
> I have a cable with my machine, the wires are really thin and normally I
> use it for my two HD's. I put a DVD on the esecond ide interface and I
> kept getting DriveReady SeekComplete error stuff in my log and the thing
> reset DMA off after errors. Then its really slow. If I put it on the slave
> drive on the first IDE interface its fine and runs at UDMA2-4 on the
> thiner cable.
>
> I tried a couple of cables (all with thicker wires) for it and I get the
> smae problem - therefore I think its just I have bad cables... hence:
>
> where can I get some good ones?

also one thing to note;

 IDE cables *should*NOT*be*longer*than*40cm!

despite that ppl still try, and wonder why they don't work ...

its because they are not terminated and not shielded ...

yours,

kim
--
                    \\|||//
                   /  / ^  \
                   (  @ @  )
   *-------------oOOo-(_)-oOOo--------------------*
   | Kim Hawtin          Tel: +44 (20) 8742 0755  |
   | A.L. Digital Ltd.   Fax: +44 (20) 8742 5995  |
   | The Stores                                   |
   | 2 Bath Road       http://www.thebunker.net   |
   | London W4 1LT     http://www.aldigital.co.uk |
   | UNITED KINGDOM|   mailto:kim at aldigital.co.uk |
                 .oooO   (   |