[Gllug] On topic - NT licensed connections

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at uklinux.net
Thu Sep 20 12:40:11 UTC 2001

Important question affecting the use of Linux v NT in my organisation:

With NT you have an upper limit of licensed connections imposed by the
number of user licences you have purchased.  Now, what kind of
connections are these?  Does it mean authenticated connections (as I
understood it) or is it any kind of network connection?

One of my colleagues is explaining the bad behaviour of one of our few NT
boxes by saying that it imposes a limit on connections to all
applications. I had understood that it was up to each application to
monitor its own connections and enforce (if desired) its own licensing
scheme.

Definitive answer welcomed.

--

Bruce