[Gllug] Time Tracking/Task mangement

Jon Masters jonathan at jonmasters.org
Sun Sep 2 01:29:25 UTC 2001

On 02 Sep 2001 02:06:29 +0100, Chris Ball wrote:
> On 02 Sep 2001 01:43:06 +0100, Jon Masters wrote:
> > I am after suggestions for packages which offer ``web based''
> >
> >         * time tracking
> >         * task management
>
> phpGroupWare is the only one I've ever heard of.

It's also the only one that has been recommended to me thus far :(

> and I ended up writing a parser in perl to grab everyone's vcal data
> file and create an html report page. Which was fun.

Well at least the good news is that if I do not find an existing project
I will end up being paid to hack in the features we want in to the
software...which would be fun. Still, other suggestions very much
appreciated - obviously the company want three suggestions even if only
one of them is actually of any use to them :)

> Have a look at phpGroupWare.

Strangely enough it made its way on to one of the servers at work a
while ago...wonder how that happened :) If nothing better comes along
maybe I'll just turn around and see "look, this works, here".

> It was too over-featured for us - we just wanted to have everyone's
> todo list to sit and talk about at meetings - but it might do the job.
> :)

Well I'm already developing an internal Servlet/JSP based management
system for internal use which might end up doing such limited functions
as you mention precisely because we don't need everything, as you say.

Cheers though Chris,

--jcm

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk