[Gllug] cheap PCMICIA NIC

Jim Bailey jim at lateral.net
Thu Sep 6 11:38:01 UTC 2001

Hi Formi,

On Thursday, September 6, 2001, at 12:07 PM, Formi wrote:

>  Anyway, is there any problem with only 10Mbit cards, why is everyone
>  suggesting 10/100. In my case there is no reason why I would need
>  a 100Mbit.

10/100 will last you another few years 10 base is IMHO already obsolete.
One of the first things I did when I started here was rip out all the 10
base hubs here and replaced with 10/100.  The improvement in network
performance was worth the extra cost particularly in an outfit like ours,
where the users are constantly slinging bloody great graphics files to
each other across the network.

> Also I have some delusions of being a bit green.

Stop drinking that weird herbal stuff then ;-P

Cheers Jim

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk