[Gllug] BORG and Thanks for the cripto advice.

Formi rcarrera at formi.org.uk
Wed Sep 19 12:20:37 UTC 2001

On Wed, 19 Sep 2001, James R.R.Tullett wrote:

> On Wednesday 19 Sep 2001 02:29 am, Formi wrote:
> > On Wed, 19 Sep 2001, Formi wrote:
> >

> >    Hi fellas and intelligent women too,
> >
> >    I have spent all the evening in a friend's house, alone with my little
> >    new toy, Thinkpad 560E, completely abstracted from any media source.
> >
> >    After so many happy quiet hours, I feel good.
> >
> >    I came back home, and I found a tape with today's Star Trek in it, nice
> >    landlord. The chapter was about some kids assimilated by the BORG.
> >
> >    So I thought, wouldn't it be a nice idea to send the following message
> > to the guys in Redmond.
> >
> >    We are the Open Source BORG.
> >    Surrender.
> >    Resistance is futile.
> >    You will be assimilated.
> >
> You forgot the bit about
>    your technological and biological distinctiveness
>    shall be added to our own"?
>
> Come to think about it, assimilating picosquish would detract from
> our own perfection.
> ----

 After a bit more thought I arrived to a similar result.

 Imagine a small piece of software, that installs itself in all
 m$ headquarter's computers, and at the exact same moment, play
 a mpeg with a deep metalic computer voice, and an image of
 a BORG looking penguin.

 We are the Open Source BORG.....

 Scary,

			Formi.