[Gllug] Manuals for Tecra 500.....

Nix nix at esperi.demon.co.uk
Sun Sep 9 21:32:38 UTC 2001

On Sat, 8 Sep 2001, Axel Segebrecht spake:
>> Will this tell you how to get at the BIOS?
>
> hey - cheers colin :)

FWIW an ugly hack I've found to get at the BIOSes on many recalcitrant
laptops is just to hold down a key while it's booting. On many laptops
you'll then get a key stuck error and the option to get into the BIOS
setup screen.

If a key really is stuck this is pretty useless; but as a hack to get
into the setup screen it works OK :)

--
`It's all about bossing computers around. Users have to say "please".
Programmers get to say "do what I want NOW or the hard disk gets it".'

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk