[Gllug] Bomb the ISP's

John Edwards john_ed at cornerstonelinux.co.uk
Mon Sep 17 13:23:17 UTC 2001

On Mon, Sep 17, 2001 at 01:08:24PM +0100, Tom Gilbert wrote:
> * Alain Williams (addw at phcomp.co.uk) wrote:
>> On Mon, Sep 17, 2001 at 12:37:10PM +0100, Jake Jellinek wrote:
>>> In case anyone missed it:-
>>>
>>> http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/57/21694.html
>>
>> Quite right too, but:
>> *	they probably spoke on the 'phone, so let us also take out all phone exchanges that
>> 	don't have US wire tapping installed;
>> *	they probably sent each other letters, so let us also take out all mail sorting offices
>> 	that don't permit the US to real all post.
>
> Last time bin laden was interviewed it transpired that he generally
> communicates by running encrypted messages stored on floppy discs by
> couriers (his men).

Didn't the BBC report that the Taliban had shutdown Afghanistan's links to
the Internet a few months ago, citing the usual reason of immorallity, etc ?

That would have made it is little hard for any terrorists in Afghanistan to
coordinate attacks via the Internet.

> Let's hope the extend the insanity and finally ban floppy disks ;)

I'd love to, but until there is another widely available, reliable,
and bootable read/write media for computers we are stuck with them.

--
|    John Edwards, Email: John.Edwards at cornerstonelinux.co.uk    |

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk