[Gllug] JUNK: Serial/parallel comms over AC mains devices

John Edwards John.Edwards at cornerstonelinux.co.uk
Mon Sep 24 19:24:36 UTC 2001

Hi
I'm going to be throwing out four Verran AC Datalink devices shortly, if
anyone if interested then they can grab them from the West London area.

These allow you to create serial or parallel connections over a standard
13amp power mains. Both DCE and DTE are possible and transmission speed
can go upto 38400 baud (who needs more than 9600 anyway?). Communcation
across different ring mains can be done but it's more noisier and so may
not be at the highest baudrate. They are about te size of a large modem,
and I have one manual.

They were used to setup temporary serial terminals and printers in
unnetworked rooms of a listed building. That was several years ago and
they have not been used or tested since.

If anyone is interested email me at the address below.

--
|    John Edwards    Email: John.Edwards at uk.com                          |

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk