[Gllug] Nightmare

Alex Hudson home at alexhudson.com
Tue Sep 11 20:29:50 UTC 2001

On Mon, Sep 10, 2001 at 06:26:13PM -0400, David Irvine wrote:
> >Hint: ext3, JFS, XFS. I've left off ReiserFS, 'coz I don't trust it,
> >but lots of people seem happy with it...
>
> Is there anything wrong with RFS? or is it simply intuition? :D

I would bet Reiser against _any_ of the others, simply because it has been
tested way more. More, by light years. Even last week someone found a bug in
ext3 that oopsed kernels, and ext3 isn't quite as hardcore as Reiserfs. JFS
and XFS I would trust even less - I wouldn't be surprised if they have large
bugs wriggling around inside them.

Cheers,

Alex.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk