[Gllug] Masayuki Ida (of FSF Japan) visiting London 9th & 10th Oct

Tushar Joshi tjoshi at turtle.net
Thu Sep 13 21:56:02 UTC 2001

We could do SAGE on the 9th and Lonix on the 10th, but I supose it also
depends on how many people actually go to SAGE. I would prefer a more
social atmosphere. Not sure what a Lonix meet mixed with a SAGE meeting
would be like. We could always do both on the same day? Ideas?

Tushar

On Thu, Sep 13, 2001 at 03:42:18PM +0100, Philip Hands wrote:
> Masayuki Ida <ida at sipeb.aoyama.ac.jp> writes:
>
> >  >>Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 19:18:41 +0100
> >  >>From: "John Hearns" <john.hearns at framestore.co.uk>
> >  >>
> >  >>Tushar Joshi wrote:
> >  >>>We could organise a Lonix/Gllug meeting at that time. Sometime during the
> >  >>>week.
> >  >>>
> >  >>>Tushar
> >  >>>
> >  >>Ahem.
> >  >>Can I make a suggestion?
> >  >>
> >  >>SAGE-WISE is having an AGM meeting on the 9th,
> >  >>and so we already have a room booked at UCL.
> >  >>Would Mr. Isa maybe like to give a short talk at that?
> >  >>
> >  >>
> >  >>Don't worry - everyone would be of course welcome to
> >  >>come, and I'm sure no-one would be nailed to their seats
> >  >>to participate in a SAGE-WISE AGM.
> >  >>

> > Thank you for your kind invitation.
> > Tell me what is UCL and where it is located. Is it in London?
>
> UCL == University College, London
>
> It is located in central London:
>
>   http://www.ucl.ac.uk/UCL-Info/AboutUCL/whereweare.html
>
> > I am happy to make a presentation, at the same time,
> > I understand that communication or face-to-face chatting is
> > very important at this moment. If I talk, let me have 20 minutes
> > at least.
> > Mutual understanding on concept level cannot be easily achieved
> > without knowing his/her face.
> > Since FSFE pointed Loic to introduce me to FSFE-UK and
> > Loic asked Phil to organize a plan for October 9th and/or 10th,
> > I like to follow Phil's decision first.
>
> Seems like a good plan, since the venue is already organised.
>
> I suppose it depends on whether you would prefer to give a talk to an
> audience, or to go out on a more social basis for something to eat &
> drink with a crowd of like minded people.
>
> Perhaps you would like to do both, in which case we can either try to
> arrange something with GLUUG/Lonix on the same day, or on the day
> after, as you would prefer.
>
> Tushar, what do you think?
>
> > Anything is fine, except terribly unusual one. :-)
>
> :-)
>
> > My natural next question is what is SAGE-WISE AGM.
>
> http://www.sage-wise.org/ appears to be their web site, and an AGM is
> an Annual General Meeting, so that should be a meeting of Sysadmins.
>
> Cheers, Phil.
> --
> Say no to software patents!   http://petition.eurolinux.org/
>
> |)|  Philip Hands [+44 (0)118 9545656]    http://www.hands.com/
> |-|  Philip Hands Computing Ltd.      http://www.uk.debian.org/
> |(|  Unit 1, Cherry Close, Caversham, Reading  RG4 8UP  ENGLAND
>
> --

|                 Turtle Networks Ltd.                 |
|  Unit 48, Concord Road, London W3 0TH                |
|  Tel: (020) 8992 7008     |  Fax: (020) 8992 7017    |
|  www.turtle.net           |  tjoshi at turtle.net       |

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk