[Gllug] PSU fans, MTAs etc.

Jim Cheetham jim at gonzul.net
Mon Sep 24 14:56:09 UTC 2001

On Mon, Sep 24, 2001 at 02:03:32PM +0100, Andy Smith wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 24, 2001 at 01:29:51PM +0100, Paul Brazier wrote:
> > What MTA would people recommend?
>
> There was just a big thread about this on this very list, there are
> probably some archives if you follow the URL that is at the bottom of
> every mail.
>
> The summary was that most people advised staying away from sendmail.
> qmail, postfix and exim were all mentioned favourably, particularly exim.

Modulo that exim particularly says it wasn't designed for intermittantly-
connected systems (dialup boxes) and therefore deliberately doesn't have the
world's most robust queues.

Having said that, it's in just such an environment that I find it works
really well for me ... probably because I understand the (straightforward)
queuing system it uses ...

-jim

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk