[Gllug] Attacks on US

Jim Bailey jim at lateral.net
Tue Sep 11 16:03:54 UTC 2001

On Tuesday, September 11, 2001, at 03:08 PM, Anthony Leung wrote:

> I would suggest that the plane was brought down in Pittsburgh deliberately
> to avoid another attack.

This would make sense or even brought down by the pilot who knows?

> Indeed it could be a home-grown group, but it's not as if the Palestinian
> terrorists are guilt-free. Perhaps now that it is happened closer to home,

It is not as if any of us are guilt free US/UK bombings and sanctions in
Iraq is probably the most obvious aspect of piss poor use of violence to
achieve US/UK aims.  The initial target the world trade centre is at the
heart of the financial district.  Anyone care to justify much of what
passes for normal business practice in the world (or even justify justice)
.  Yes I do realise that a good percentage of my income is supplied by
multi-nationals but that does not change the reality of the situation.

> other countries will take the situation in the Middle East more seriously,

Other countries have always taken the situation in the middle east
seriously.  It is just that sometimes peace may not be in ones interest.

> and the leaders in the middle east will make more of an effort to broker
> a peace.

We have Sharon and Bush as leaders in the middle east I could be wrong but
these people seem to prefer victory to peace. Plus various assorted
dictators and aristocrats running the arab world who know the roulette
table better than they know the negotiating table.

> Either way it's a terrible thing to happen and I really hope that someone
> out there is looking out for those people in New York.
> Not wanting to bring anything appropriate into the situation, but this is
> the sort of thing which means that personal privacy has to be limited.

It could be argued just as strongly that political and corporate privacy
need to be limited after such an attack.

Peace Jim

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk