[Gllug] lilo

Nix nix at esperi.demon.co.uk
Sun Sep 9 00:08:07 UTC 2001

On Tue, 4 Sep 2001, David Damerell spake:
> Quite. LILO doesn't understand the filesystem, it just knows where the
> file is on the hard disc. It's worth noting that MILO and possibly
> some other non-x86 tools have enough brains to understand a
> filesystem, so this isn't necessary.

Correct; silo is smart enough too, and so is GRUB and, well, basically
everything except for lilo, as far as I know.

--
`It's all about bossing computers around. Users have to say "please".
Programmers get to say "do what I want NOW or the hard disk gets it".'

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk