[Gllug] Openssh and Openssl

John Edwards john_ed at cornerstonelinux.co.uk
Mon Sep 17 12:49:13 UTC 2001

On Mon, Sep 17, 2001 at 01:05:33PM +0100, Matthew Bunter wrote:
> All,
>
> What versions are the people that are using OpenSSH (and hence OpenSSL) using?
>
> Is OpenSSH 2.9 stable? Is OpenSSL 0.9.6b stable - on the openssl.org site it just says it's the latest but yet doesn't say which previous versions are stable.
>
> I would like to use the latest stable versions but can't find anything in the FAQs or News for either product.
>
> TIA
>
> Matt

Hi
Those are the current stable release versions, the beta releases tend to be
clearly marked as such or available via CVS.

I've been using OpenSSH 2.9 and OpenSSL 0.9.6 on RedHat 6.2, 7.1 and Debian
2.2 since May without a glimmer of a problem. If you are not using OpenBSD
then be sure to grab to the "portable" OpenSSH code from your local mirror of:
	ftp://ftp.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/OpenSSH/portable/

--
|    John Edwards, Email: John.Edwards at cornerstonelinux.co.uk    |

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk