[Gllug] World trade centre

Ian Norton bredroll at dsh.org.uk
Tue Sep 11 23:51:06 UTC 2001

On Tue, Sep 11, 2001 at 07:33:20PM +0100, David Irvine wrote:
> David Damerell wrote:
>

> I find the idea of shooting planes down to stop them  crashing a bit
> silly. I  guess its better than crashing into a densly populated area
>  but still.

this policy is reality, it was one of the more morally difficult questions i
was asked when on interview with RAF.

it was something that had to be done there and then, there was little hope of
recovering the aircraft. and tbh little chance of passengers being alive soon
after hijack of this magnitude.

i said at it i would down the aircraft but it would be by no means a decision i
would be happy with.

bredroll

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk