[Gllug] Linux migration CD from M$

matthew at thenut.demon.co.uk matthew at thenut.demon.co.uk
Mon Sep 3 15:39:54 UTC 2001

On  3 Sep, Steve Goodwin wrote:

> Is this me being unreasonable, but are M$ becoming more scared
> lately? All the misinformation and attacking press they give to
> Linux (but not necessarily BSD). When they start talking about why
> their consistant visual appearance is good, they'll be fearing for
> the desktop market, as well as the server one.

They're scared shitless. Not so much of Linux (it has it's faults) but
of the whole open-source (or free, if you're a GNU) community. They're
realising we're better than them (considering it was this sort of
community which created their industry) but they can't admit that.

Well OK, they can, but then they'd 'lose face', which is a no-no for
large companies. Personally I'd love a company which at least once
admitted without being forced that, yes, they'd made a mistake.

Incidentally, see the post I'm about to write about AOL...

Matthew

--

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk