[Gllug] "We Linux users have been doing all that for 10 years."

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at uklinux.net
Thu Sep 27 15:07:51 UTC 2001

On 9/27/01, 2:13:30 PM, Alain Williams <addw at phcomp.co.uk> wrote regarding
Re: [Gllug] "We Linux users have been doing all that for 10 years.":

> So although the OS is (or perhaps maybe - let's wait & see) multi user,
the apps are
> not of the same mindset ... but M$ can blame the ISVs for that.

Hardly.  MS apps are some of the worst offenders on that score.  Office
97 is unusable on NT or 2k unless you are a "power user".  Office 2000 is
a bit better but still ships with a few apps that have this problem.  And
don't get me started about Access...

--

Bruce

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk