[Gllug] I found this link

John Edwards john_ed at cornerstonelinux.co.uk
Sun Sep 23 09:54:12 UTC 2001

On Sat, Sep 22, 2001 at 07:44:18PM -0700, Mike Addicks wrote:
> I found this link below. I have the same exact problem did you ever get
> a resolution?
> Thanks,
> Mike
>

> I have just installed sendmail on an internal mail relay (Red Hat 7.1)
>
> After install I could no relay mail though it.
>
> I port scanned the box and it was not offering a service on port 25.
>
> The output from netstat -anp is as follows:
>
> tcp        0      0 127.0.0.1:25            0.0.0.0:*
> LISTEN      996/sendmail: accep
>
> Where is the instruction to bind sendmail to 127.0.0.1 and how do
> I alter it?
>
> Cheers
> Xander

I'm no sendmail expert but on newer RedHat packages I've noticed this
option in /etc/sendmail.cf
	O DaemonPortOptions=Port=smtp,Addr=127.0.0.1, Name=MTA

Modifing that seems to change which port and interface sendmail will
listen to.

May I take the opportunity to recomend a saner mail server than sendmail ?
Qmail, exim and postfix are all easier to setup and maintain, and have a
shorter history of security and bug fixes.

--
|    John Edwards    Email: John.Edwards at uk.com                          |

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk