[Gllug] NetBSD kernel versus Linux question

Paul Sheer psheer at icon.co.za
Fri Sep 14 21:00:19 UTC 2001

Hi there

I wanted to ask what are the technical differences
between the NetBSD and Linux kernel that would
recommend one over the other. I have read the NetBSD
web site, so I know the portability, and fs/hardware
support differences. But what about performance,
VM, and general rules-sucks-o-meters?

thanks.

-paul

--
Paul Sheer Consulting IT Services . . . Tel . . . +27 21 761 7224
Email . . . psheer at icon.co.za . . . . . . Pager . . . 088 0057266

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk