[Gllug] Embedded Linux systems?

tet at accucard.com tet at accucard.com
Thu Sep 6 14:20:56 UTC 2001

>heres a shot of Python in action;
>
>http://www.tuxscreen.net/wiki/view/Main/MatthewAllum

Your phone runs Python, but mine runs BASIC :-) Or at least, it used to
before it died :-(

	http://www.algonet.se/~rsm/zx/clones/icl_opd.html

It had the best user interface of any phone I've ever come across,
though. Just type a short mnemonic abbreviation for the person you
want to phone, and it dials them. No messing around searching through
address books like you do on a mobile, or looking up which fast dial
number you've set them to on a standard phone...

FWIW, I've been looking at the tuxscreen as a replacement for my
beloved Tonto. I take it it can be used as a normal phone, on UK
lines, with the standard Inferno setup? I've actually been thinking
about getting two -- one to leave as it is, and one on which to mess
around with Linux :-)

Tet

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk