[Gllug] Virgin ``Internet'' Cafes

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Sun Sep 9 22:13:54 UTC 2001

On Sun, Sep 09, 2001 at 10:57:50AM -0700, Gabriel Rocha uttered:

> If you need ssh that badly, install mindterm and bypass the whole "oh,
> my god! they dont allow cooections to port 22" problem.

Mindterm is a Java implementation of the ssh protocol.  How will this
help if they've blocked the outbound port?

One thing you can do, if you're really stuck, is to set up an ssh
server which listens to the ftp port.  You don't actually use ftp
anyway, right, so it's no great loss.  A lot of net cafes will keep
the ftp port open.

Incidentally, ssh works just fine at Easy Everything.  Also worked
fine from inside the government-run firewall within Vietnam.

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk