[Gllug] HP Compaq?

Nix nix at esperi.demon.co.uk
Sat Sep 8 23:57:35 UTC 2001

On Thu, 06 Sep 2001, Bruce Richardson said:

> On 9/6/01, 10:49:11 AM, David Damerell <damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk>
> wrote regarding Re: [Gllug] HP Compaq?:
>
>> People these days use 'Unix' to mean a Unix-like OS.
>
> Which they do in a very understandable yet legally liable way.

No, they don't. The trademark is `UNIX'; `Unix' is not a trademark (as
far as I can remember).

As the Jargon File says, dmr would prefer we called it Unix...

--
`It's all about bossing computers around. Users have to say "please".
Programmers get to say "do what I want NOW or the hard disk gets it".'

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk