[Gllug] World trade centre

Tushar Joshi tjoshi at lonix.org.uk
Wed Sep 12 17:36:01 UTC 2001

Or why not do what they did in that Steven Segal film where they board the
plane mid flight and save the passengers? I also remember that was the film
in which Steven Segal died 15 minutes into the film trying to board the
place like that.

Tushar

On Wed, Sep 12, 2001 at 06:19:49PM +0100, David Irvine wrote:
> Ian Norton wrote:
>

> >On Tue, Sep 11, 2001 at 07:33:20PM +0100, David Irvine wrote:
> >
> >>David Damerell wrote:
> >>
> >>I find the idea of shooting planes down to stop them  crashing a bit
> >>silly. I  guess its better than crashing into a densly populated area
> >> but still.
> >>
> >this policy is reality, it was one of the more morally difficult questions i
> >was asked when on interview with RAF.
> >
> >it was something that had to be done there and then, there was little hope of
> >recovering the aircraft. and tbh little chance of passengers being alive soon
> >after hijack of this magnitude.
> >
> >i said at it i would down the aircraft but it would be by no means a decision i
> >would be happy with.
> >
> >bredroll
> >

> At least you could always argue by shooting down the plane you actually
> saved thousands.

> --

|                 Turtle Networks Ltd.                 |
|  Unit 48, Concord Road, London W3 0TH                |
|  Tel: (020) 8992 7008     |  Fax: (020) 8992 7017    |
|  www.turtle.net           |  tjoshi at turtle.net       |

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk