[Gllug] linux training

Nick Hill nickhill at email.com
Sat Sep 22 00:13:18 UTC 2001

Yes. Crazy world..

I know a company which sells SUN, Cisco and SGI parts. They have a price list which they only distribute in MS Word 2000 format!!!!!!!!!

I confronted the salesman involved and suggested he distributed his information in a vendor-neutral fashion such as RTF, text or CSV. He refused, saying the majority of his clients use M$ systems... DOH!

I tried to explain he was disenfranchising the non-M$ world, which is dangerous considering he is selling non-M$ product. I also tried to explain this could distort his figures. Unfortunately, he (couldn't | didn't want to) understand the point I was trying to make.

Regards

Nick.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk