[Gllug] BORG and Thanks for the cripto advice.

Formi rcarrera at formi.org.uk
Wed Sep 19 01:29:18 UTC 2001

On Wed, 19 Sep 2001, Formi wrote:

   Hi fellas and intelligent women too,

   I have spent all the evening in a friend's house, alone with my little
   new toy, Thinkpad 560E, completely abstracted from any media source.

   After so many happy quiet hours, I feel good.

   I came back home, and I found a tape with today's Star Trek in it, nice
   landlord. The chapter was about some kids assimilated by the BORG.

   So I thought, wouldn't it be a nice idea to send the following message to
   the guys in Redmond.

   We are the Open Source BORG.
   Surrender.
   Resistance is futile.
   You will be assimilated.

   Now imagine hundreds, or thousands of emails like this or permutations of
   it arriving at m$ quarters. Or me dreaming about it.

   With lots of luck, it could convert some of the guys there, their IT
   skills would be useful for the Open Source cause.

   I am not trying to harrass them or do a DoS attack, or anything
   'unpolite', just to express the facts, what sooner or later will happen.

   Anyway, they do harrass me more often than enough, I made the mistake
   of getting a pointless MCSE studying by myself. After removing
   my email address from all the lists they have inserted me, they keep
   sending me emails and even letters.

   The last letter was a huge envelope with the title "Update your skills,
   sit the Windows 2000 exams", or something like that. What made me angry
   was that it included a kind of inflatable plastic cushion? My backside
   doesn't enjoy to be sitted on plastic, nevermind coming from the company
   it comes, or what is written on it.

   Not to speak of the pointless pollution if it is not disposed properly.
   That goes for AOL CD sendouts as well.

   Anyway pointless chatter, but I hope it makes you laugh.

                                                             Formi.

   RMS is right, what about the equivalent of the GPL, for politic's ethics?

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk