[Gllug] Real Player

Richard Cohen richard at vmlinuz.org
Thu Sep 13 10:05:04 UTC 2001

On Thu, 13 Sep 2001, Jim Bailey wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I think you had better return to the site and and check again before you
> attack Real in righteous indignation, I found the Unix downloads in
> approximately 30 seconds.
>
> go to www.real.com follow the tab to realplayer, part way down the page
> are two links one to Windows and one to Real Player Basic 8 for other
> Platforms follow this and you a download form.

That page is *noticably* different in my Mozilla window at work, on Solaris,
this morning, from the page I saw last night in my Mozilla window at home on
Linux.  Last night, there was a single "Download RealPlayer Basic" link,
which sent me to a Windows binary.

If anyone's interested, they have a vaguely informative 'Unix support forum'
- apparently they're working on a new Unix version now, with a load of new
features...

> Peace Jim

Cheers
Richard