[Gllug] 8139 driver problem

Stig Brautaset stigbrau at online.no
Wed Sep 26 18:15:39 UTC 2001

* Jonathan Dye <jonathan.dye at automationpartnership.com> spake thus:
> Hi,
>
> I've got a RealTek 8139 Network card and am running RedHat 7.1 with
> updated rpm's (Including the kernel rpm making it version 2.4.3-12).
> My network connection keeps being dropped (By dropped I mean it
> doesn't respond to any network traffic even though the link lights are
> on) for no apparent reason and the only problem I can see in the log
> files is the following: media is unconnected, link down, or
> incompatible connection

Hi Jonathan,

I am not going to answer your problem, because I haven't got a clue. I
am addressing a different problem.

Sorry to take this out on you, it goes for anyone else as well. Please
do not start a new thread by replying to any random message on the list,
at least not withouth erasing every "Reference" or "In-Reply-To" header
or whatever the headers are that mutt and other mailreaders sort threads
by...

Regards,
Stig

--