[Gllug] What to do in 151 days?

John Hearns john.hearns at framestore.co.uk
Wed Sep 26 09:12:46 UTC 2001

gllug at codex.net wrote:

>On Tue, 25 Sep 2001, David Irvine wrote:
>
>>gllug at codex.net wrote:
>>
>>>Lease it to a large faceless US government department for 'data analysis'
>>>purposes at a million dollars a day.  then buy a small island...
>>>
>>Just make sure you buy a big enough island with a good pipe to the rest
>>of the world and make sure 'everybody has the right to encryption' is in
>> the constitution and theres enough space for all us geeks to come and
>>live and then we can all have  somewhere safe to live whilst the world
>>f*cks up.  Oh btw just make sure its out of the way, like  nowhere near
>>anything likely to be a target to anybody. :)
>>

>i already have an island in mind....

BTW, in today's Grauniad there is a bit of a stupid article on kitting
yourself
out with gasmasks, NBC suits etc. - basically one of the standard pieces
in most
newspapers these days where a journalist phones round army surplus
places to try to buy
gasmasks, and shock horror finds them sold out.

Anyway, there is a mention of The Bunker in Kent, but sadly it says
we cannot all get down there as it has servers in there already :-(
But the article does suggest Chislehurst Caves - which ironically enough
were
used by Londoners during the Blitz.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk