[Gllug] Gllug is alive on IRC !

colin murphy colin at ql4ever.demon.co.uk
Thu Sep 6 02:43:15 UTC 2001

George wrote:

> Hey guys,
>
> Just thought I'd let you know that a few of us have joined #gllug on
> irc.openprojects.net. If anyone wants to chat on anything linux/beer/gllug
> related come join us. This could be a real good idea if it gets like one of
> those busy channels.

And I'm sure it would have been all the more merry had I actually got to
register the room name before jo at usr142-har.blueyonder.co.uk so that we
can change the change the room title/topic to something more useful than
LART LART LART.  Emails to jo are bouncing by the way.  The room was
registered soon after I made the suggestion to use #gllug on OPN.  Are
the arch-ops (should they been known as that?) considerate of situations
like this?  Would they de-register the room?

Failing this, we'd need a #new_name or #gllug on a new network.  Any
suggestions.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk