[Gllug] Multiple Installs

James Bailey baileyj at bournemouth.ac.uk
Thu Sep 13 21:25:34 UTC 2001

Hi

I look after several labs of PC at Bournemouth University running Linux,
currently Redhat v7.1. These labs of PC are used to inform our students that
there are alternatives to M$ Windows. We give the students root access and
let them pull dowing network, add users and generally trash the palce :) I
need an easy way to rebuild labs of identical machines. I have just install
a lab of 16 identical pc's I used a network boot disk. I noticed install
over from M$ Windows server is no londer and option so I used the HTTP type
install.

Has any one got any ideas or experience of installing large numbers of PC's
with linux in an automated or semi-automated way.

many thanks

James

James Bailey
Programming, Linux and Clustering