[Gllug] Reliable Debian mirror?

Rob Andrews rob at impure.org.uk
Tue Sep 4 22:41:44 UTC 2001

[04-Sep-2001 23:06.57 (BST) / Rev Simon Rumble]
 > Can anyone suggest a reliable Debian mirror in the UK?  By reliable I
 > mean actually has the packages it lists in Packages.gz.  eg:
 > Err http://ftp.uk.debian.org unstable/main tar 1.13.22-1
 >   404 Not Found
 > in a dselect upgrade.

I actually use www.de.debian.org, but over rsync instead of http. apt-proxy
needs a couple of workarounds, but it really helps when you've got lots of
machines on sid.

 > Also, is it just me or does there seem to be a major dependency
 > problem with console-tools in unstable at the moment?

Noticed that doing an installation this evening. Odd. Seems fine on zx81
though, and that's right up to the latest sid commits.

--
<pgp> 0x8bb5c71e  "This Basil. This Basil's hand. This smack on the head."

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk