[Gllug] Bomb the ISP's

Formi rcarrera at formi.org.uk
Mon Sep 17 17:04:49 UTC 2001

On Mon, 17 Sep 2001, Formi wrote:

 I missed including any person who enjoys privacy, who believes s-he has
 something remotely similar to human rights, or a computer by the way.

 Is it not pointless to speak about ending this problem, or a huge range
 of them by technological means such as guns and computer or
 communications limitations ...

 when the problem is of ideologies or just plain abuse ??

                                           Anyway it's rainning.

>  Sorry I couldn't resist it,
>
>  Let's bomb everybody who says/does anything against the US, or
>  capitalism in general, myself included. It would be easier, and of
>  course cheaper. If innocent people are hit, that is no problem.
>
>   MASS PARANOIA, or backwards, A I ON ARAP, SSAM.
>
>   Could this have a meaning ?
>
>   Change the P for a B, SSAM, maybe Uncle Sam.
>
>   By the way, this has nothing to do with politics.
>
> 			                      Formi.
>

> On 17 Sep 2001, Xander D Harkness wrote:
>
> > In many respects I think that more people should have set up smtp
> > encryption.  Most SMTP servers are capable of it.
> >
> > We would then get the whole process encrypted including header and
> > sender.
> >
> > email has replaced snail mail in many respects - I do not see the SIS or
> > CIA demanding that the post office provide them with data or the means
> > to observe who sends mail and to where.
> >
> > Cheers
> > Xander

> > > Hang on a minute wasn't Alan Cox involved in a top secret implementation
> > > of RFC 1149 in Norway about a year ago ? I don't think it involved any
> > > encryption in the protocal, but that still allows the use of encryption in
> > > the application layer. Maybe.... <SANITY CUTOUT>
> > >
> > > Anyway it's probable that few people knew how these terrorists communicated
> > > otherwise any receipents of a message would have been under suspicion. Even
> > > when the contents of an email are encrypted it's sender, receipent and date
> > > are not, that's still more information than a secret group would want to
> > > have released. The only advantage that an email would have over a courier
> > > is that of speed and according to reports these attacks were planed over a
> > > long time.
> > >

> > > --

 God doesn't exist, if he ever had, he'd have had committed suicide.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk