[Gllug] wwwoffle or squid? (or something else?)

Stig Brautaset stigbrau at online.no
Wed Sep 19 19:20:52 UTC 2001

Hi all,

In my house we are three people that connects to Internet via a
dedicated machine running debian potato. The only services running is
currently diald (and obviosly sshd ;). This is a pentium 75 with 24
megabytes of ram and about a gigabyte disk free. I think it is about
time for it to start pulling it's own weight around here, so I want to
set up an http proxy/cache and wanted to know whether anybody has any
opinions.

I have heard rumours about squid being the best of the best, but I was
thinking that maybe wwwoffle is better in my case since it is targeted
specifically towards dialup systems.

Regards,
Stig

--