[Gllug] Short tutorials?

John Hearns john.hearns at framestore.co.uk
Wed Sep 5 09:11:32 UTC 2001

Leigh Mason wrote:

>sounds great!
>
>where and when is the next meet likely to be?
>
>leigh

The next meeting should be again at Computer Film Company,
in central London.
I can report that it is now much cooler here - so we can look forward to a
more pleasant environment.

I will see about using our ground floor cafe area,
for short tutorials, maybe a bit earlier on in the day.

However, this does mean that we will need a volunteer or two to
work up 1/2 hour talks, hopefully with handouts.
Someone commented on Richard's talk on shell scripting - this
is the sort of level I'm thinking of. Really starting at the beginning,
stating obvious points, keeping it simple.
I'm getting enthused about this - I think 1/2 hour time limit, which
will be enforced, will cause the speaker to think hard about the content.

What does anyone think about a registration system - limit the audience
to (say) 20 people, first come first served?
Talks could be repeated if necessary later on.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk