[Gllug] Debian

Nix nix at esperi.demon.co.uk
Sat Sep 8 16:44:20 UTC 2001

On Tue, 28 Aug 2001, David Damerell yowled:
> Funny but irritating; and dangerous when they get "all the world's Red
> Hat" syndrome and nothing else works with whatever they
> produce. Still, could be worse; could be SuSE or SCaldera or...

Not really :( at least they use a reasonably sane libstdc++; but stuff
that's `For Red Hat 7' and written in C++ is rather hard to get working
on other systems :(

(see the recent debian-devel thread)

--
`It's all about bossing computers around. Users have to say "please".
Programmers get to say "do what I want NOW or the hard disk gets it".'

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk