[Gllug] A technical question on ABIT KT7A boards

jane jane at moonrose.demnospamon.co.uk
Sat Sep 1 11:09:34 UTC 2001

On Fri, 31 Aug 2001, you wrote:
~On 31 Aug 2001 12:05:49 +0000, jane taylor wrote:
~> I've got a KT7A (RAID) motherboard currently working in my main
~> machine. Up until now it's been working on the regular IDE slots with
~> four UDMA-33 or older standard  IDE devices. But I've now got a 40GB
~> UDMA 100 HDD on the extra IDE controller, which was visible and
~> formattable under W2K but so far is being resoundingly invisible to
~> Linux. This is now my main data disk, so I could do with seeing it.
~
~As others have said and I can confirm (because I have built several of
~these), the onboard second controller on this Abit board is an HPT370
~and you will need kernel support for it.

Yes. W2K thinks it's a SCSI drive as a result.

Thanks for your pointers, all.  I'm now going to play upgrade my system first
:-) as I am indeed running a 2.2.x kernel.

--
jane

Mark Twain

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk