[Gllug] What to do in 151 days?

Richard Cohen richard at vmlinuz.org
Tue Sep 25 10:20:50 UTC 2001

On Tue, 25 Sep 2001, Lee Blackwell wrote:

> Another idea... Maybe the mother of all Quake servers?

I thought that - but let all the players *login* to the box and run their
Quake binaries there.  Graphics performance would suck, due to X, but the
ping time to the server would be sub-microsecond :-)

I have (briefly, as an experiement, not 'live') played a multiplayer,
non-3D, X-based game against someone else while we were both logged into the
server.  The machine is pretty big, although not up to the machine quoted,
and the performance still sucked :-)

Cheers
Richard

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk