[Gllug] IDE cables

SteveC steve at fractalus.com
Thu Sep 13 19:03:51 UTC 2001

where can you get good IDE cables?

I have a cable with my machine, the wires are really thin and normally I
use it for my two HD's. I put a DVD on the esecond ide interface and I
kept getting DriveReady SeekComplete error stuff in my log and the thing
reset DMA off after errors. Then its really slow. If I put it on the slave
drive on the first IDE interface its fine and runs at UDMA2-4 on the
thiner cable.

I tried a couple of cables (all with thicker wires) for it and I get the
smae problem - therefore I think its just I have bad cables... hence:

where can I get some good ones?

have fun,

SteveC steve at fractalus.com fractalus.com/steve stevecoast at hushmail.com

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk