[Gllug] nice looking pc cases

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Fri Sep 28 12:33:00 UTC 2001

On Thu 27 Sep, Anthony Leung wrote:

> Hi, i'm looking to build a machine for my sister's birthday, and was
> thinking that she would probably more pleased if I spent more on the case
> than on the processor. That said, has anybody seen really nice looking cases
> around the 60 quid mark around London town?
> Ta...
> Anthony
>
> p.s. any tips on negotiating with tcr people, fairs or shops would be
> greatly appreciated.

   There are some importers around North Acton and Park Royal, are you in
this area? but be warned that some of the fancy cases can be a real pain.
Obvious things to check are easily knocked protruding power and reset
buttons, and hidden floppy drives that require a case strip down at the
first sight of a sticky disc. Case designs change rapidly, but you should
get one for far less than that, including power supply.

p.s. some of the TCR crowd are also based in the same area.

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk