[Gllug] mirror up

John Hearns john.hearns at framestore.co.uk
Wed Sep 5 09:47:22 UTC 2001

Rob Andrews wrote:

>[05-Sep-2001 09:30.08 (BST) / Bruce Richardson]
> > > Other than that, ever used midnight commander's inbuilt ftp?
> > Can it be automated in a script?
>
>Incredibly doubtful, unless expect can deal with it.
>
>I've heard "things" about ncftpput, although never tried it.

I use ncftp, and think it is good.
I've never thought of using it for this purpose though - thanks for
the tip.
A quick ncftp, and help put gives:

put: sends a file to the remote host.
Usage: put [-flags] file1 [file2...]
Flags:
  -z   : Send the local file X, and name the remote copy to Y.
  -f   : Force overwrite (do not try to auto-resume transfers).
  -a   : Append entire local file to the remote file.
  -R   : Recursive.  Useful for sending whole directories.
Examples:
  put README
  put -z ~/junk/windows-init-file WIN.INI

So put -R in ncftp might do the tick, as you say.
http://www.ncftp.com

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk