[Gllug] Masayuki Ida (of FSF Japan) visiting London 9th & 10th Oct

Masayuki Ida ida at sipeb.aoyama.ac.jp
Sat Sep 15 11:56:24 UTC 2001

 >>Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 22:56:02 +0100
 >>From: Tushar Joshi <tjoshi at turtle.net>
 >>
 >>We could do SAGE on the 9th and Lonix on the 10th, but I supose it also
 >>depends on how many people actually go to SAGE. I would prefer a more
 >>social atmosphere. Not sure what a Lonix meet mixed with a SAGE meeting
 >>would be like. We could always do both on the same day? Ideas?
 >>
 >>Tushar

In 1985 or so, I introduced the SYSTEM 5 source license from Bell Lab.
Between 1988 through 1996, I was the designer and then sysadmin of our
campus computing facility by introducing a TCP/IP connection to the
Internet in 1998. I used SunOS4.X with SPARC from the beginning.
Then I introduced BSD machines and then Linux later.
For me, it was the long history with UNIX. Good old days and lots
of battles.

BTW, I am intersted in the following things, in general;
how the persons and the groups around GPL software and
Linux distributiona are doing the matters.
I like to get suggestions or hints for our cases in Japan.
And, how people in the region treat the free software concept.
The former is rather technology or development oriented matter.
The latter might be more conceptual or opinion making matter.
And I am happy to explain my understanding on those issues in Japan.
And, if we can get some complimentary or suggestive matter each other,
it is the fruit and we can go ahead together then.

I am afraid that for the night of October 9th,
I have a private schedule.

I have completely free time for October 9th daytime,
and October 10th daytime and night.
Since I am used to travel various places alone,
I have wisdom to enjoy exploration of the area, if there is a time
to spare. So, you don't need to think around such things.

Masayuki Ida

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk