[Gllug] Unix sysadmin vacancies

Adam Bower abower at thebowery.co.uk
Tue Sep 18 22:12:16 UTC 2001

On Tue, 18 Sep 2001, Kieran Barry wrote:

> 1. There aren't that many competent UNIX/Linux admins out there.
> Sysadminining is thankless work. There's a lot of break/fix where some
> moron is breathing down your neck, asking why he can't print from
> Powerpoint (for example).

hmm, IMHO incorrect.

> 3. From the above, it's a lot easier to let an agency find the vacancies
> for you. I used to hate the cycle of sending out CVs and getting PFOs
> back time after time when I was younger.

dealing with pimps, yuck... same for no. 4

I would say the main problem would be using monster.co.uk, I have found it
to be complete *"£$£"$ when looking for work and potential (and actual)
employers have described it as a big pile of "£$"£%£$*(£*($^

The online sites that I know that everyone uses is jobserve.com, fullstop.
I am registered with a few others but the only calls I get are related to
jobserve and the same seems true of most of the people I know.

Adam
--
This message is Copyleft - all rights reversed
Adam

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk