[Gllug] World trade centre

David Irvine co2cool at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 11 18:54:40 UTC 2001

Stig Brautaset wrote:

>* Xander D Harkness <xander at harkness.co.uk> spake thus:
>
>>Any one read 'Executive Orders' written by Tom Clancy  - it sets out the
>>whole plot.
>>

>IIRC the plaincrash incident happend in `Debt of Honor', the book
>preceeding `Executive Orders'. A  `lone gunman' acting completely on his
>own, stealing(?) a jumbojet and crashing it in Capitol Hill, killing the
>president and effectively making Jack Ryan (just appointed vise-
>president) president in charge. Tom Clancy used to be my favorite
>writer.
>
>This whole incident will probably go down in history as one of the most
>repulsive acts of terrorism in modern times. If it was true that a
>fourth plane indeed was hijacked, and/or the third one was actually shot
>down as someone claimed,  imagine what a moral burden it must be to
>decide whether or not to shoot it down if they where not able to force
>it down without crashing into something -- effectively forcing a country
>to shot down a passenger plane full of innocent people on the grounds of
>saving other and/or more innocent people. Barbaric.
>
>Regards,
>Stig

Things seem unclear, last i heard  4  planes had  crashed,  one  car had
blown up, 2 planes in  ny, 1 in  the pentigon and 1 in pittsburgh,
another plan was 'lost' but no further info was known a bout the plane.
and a car bomb had went off in  washington.

As far  as shooting planes down, Its a  hell of  a decision  to  make,
do  you shoot a plane down, almost certainly  killing say 80 people, or
do you take the chance that it either may land safely, or instead
crashes into a  school  and kills a few  hundred children?

Its a tough choice.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk